Have you tried CBD for Neck Pain Relief?
The things we do every day may cause a mild neck pain now and then. But, frequent and severe neck pain may warrant for Neck Pain Relief medical attention because it may interfere with your daily activities.
Doctors usually recommend over-the-counter drugs to relieve intense pain. Sadly, these prescriptions don’t work for everyone and come along with unpleasant side effects.
If you have chronic neck pain, you’re probably looking for natural alternatives to ease pain and overall discomfort. CBD, otherwise known as cannabidiol, has taken the health and wellness industry by storm.
Everyone is trying different CBD products in hopes of getting relief from various symptoms, including chronic pain, anxiety, stress, skin conditions, and sleep issues. Can CBD for Neck Pain Relief? What types of CBD should one use to try and ease neck pain relief?
Take a glance!
What’s neck pain
Many people experience neck pain occasionally. Neck pain tends to occur when the muscles and ligaments that support the neck are strained. In most cases, poor posture causes neck pain.
Other things that cause neck pain include whiplash, sports, injury from a fall, and diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and meningitis.
However, some cases may be an indication of a severe illness that needs medical attention. The following symptoms may indicate a serious underlying condition that requires immediate medical care:
- Numbness around the neck
- Difficulty in moving the hand
- Persistent neck pain
- Muscle stiffness and spasms
- Tingling in the arms
- Shooting pain that travels from the shoulder down to the arm
Causes of neck pain
The neck is prone to injuries because it supports the weight of the head. Neck pain is a result of many reasons.
- Injuries. As mentioned earlier, the neck is prone to injuries resulting from sports, whiplash, and car accidents, straining the neck muscles and ligaments.
- Muscle strain. Activities, such as working at a desk for long hours, poor posture, poor sleep positions, may trigger neck pains.
- Worn joints. As you age, the joints tend to wear down and may result in neck pain.
- Meningitis occurs when the tissues around the brain and spinal cord get inflamed. Often, meningitis is accompanied by headaches, fever, and stiffness. The condition can be life-threatening.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) leads to inflammation of the joints. When the joints around the neck get inflamed as a result of RA, neck pain can result.
- Osteoarthritis causes deterioration of the cartilages, which then form spurs that affect joints and cause neck pain.
In rare cases, neck pain can result due to cancer, tumors, and infections.
Neck pain treatment
Depending on the diagnosis, neck pain treatment may vary.
Usually, your doctor will prescribe over-the-counter medications such as NSAIDs, muscle relaxants, corticosteroids injection, tricyclic antidepressants, and other strong pain killers.
Along with medications, your doctor may recommend therapy to relieve neck pain. Such therapies include:
- Physical therapy. A physical therapist will educate you on the right postures and exercises that will speed up neck pain recovery.
- Traction. Traction involves the use of pulleys and weights to stretch the affected area. Under the supervision of a physical therapist, traction may help provide neck pain relief.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) involves placing electrodes around the affected region to relieve pain.
In rare cases, neck pain may require surgery.
CBD for neck pain relief
Cannabidiol (CBD) is an active compound derived from the cannabis plant. It may potentially provide neck pain relief without causing the high associated with marijuana. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) that is responsible for psychoactive effects.
With the help of the endocannabinoid system (ECS), CBD works naturally with the body and some have experienced neck pain relief. The ECS is a network of cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2), responsible for modulating the body’s essential functions, such as pain, inflammation, sleep, and mood.
When you ingest CBD, or use CBD Balms, it reacts indirectly with CB2 receptors present in the immune system to maintain balance throughout the body — often called homeostasis. For some people, it may sometimes assist in regulating pain.
While studies on CBD for neck pain relief is in its infancy, some past research looks promising.
One study suggests that cannabinoids, such as CBD, may potentially suppress inflammation and neuropathic pain.
That said, CBD activates cannabinoid receptors in the immune system soothing pain, and significantly reducing pain.
How to take CBD for neck pain
CBD comes in various forms. Depending on your condition and preference, either of these forms might suit your desired needs. They include:
- Topical application. CBD topicals are available in the form of creams, salves, moisturizers, and lotions. Topicals work for sore muscles, inflammation, and pain. Simply apply generously around the neck and wait for cannabinoids to diffuse into the bloodstream.
CBD makes into the bloodstream via the skin, then activates cannabinoid receptors responsible for pain and inflammation.
- Oral method. CBD products that can be taken orally include oils, capsules, and edibles. CBD oils are popular among many, and they’re taken sublingually by placing the recommended dose under the tongue and allowing to sit for a minute to enable faster absorption.
Capsules and edibles are slow-acting because they must pass through the digestive tract to make it to the bloodstream.
How much CBD for neck pain should one use?
There’s no guarantee CBD will help with your neck pain and there’s no set amount of CBD for neck pain. Since people respond to CBD uniquely, the usage of CBD may vary from one person to another.
Several people experience neck pain due to poor posture and muscle strain. But, practicing a good posture could reduce the risks of neck pain. However, persistent neck pains may warrant immediate medical attention.
If you’re looking for a natural alternative to help ease neck pain, you might consider introducing CBD to your regimen. With the hype surrounding this compound, it is worth a try. But, be sure to consult your doctor before using any CBD product.
The Come Back Daily Commitment
When you buy CBD online from Come Back Daily, you can trust that you’re getting the best CBD products possible due to Come Back Daily’s curation process. Our CBD experts review and hand-select all of the products in Come Back Daily’s online CBD shop. We review the lab results and test each product before on-boarding new brands. Come Back Daily is the most trusted Online CBD Store, we were voted #1 CBD Shop by NYC Norml. If you have any questions about CBD or what to buy, we’re available most times on live chat, or by email. We’d love to hear from you.