Many of us have so many responsibilities in life that we forget to take care of our personal needs. And while it may already seem impossible to juggle every burden and obligation, self-care and kindness is an important aspect of stress management. Stress is bad for you. It can cause headaches, anxiety, eating disorders, and it can even worsen existing health ailments. Relaxation leads to improved function at a cellular level in the body. The exploding CBD market has hit the headlines as enthusiasts claim improved mood and immediate relief from anxiety. CBD, a chemical compound derived from the hemp plant, is heralded as a new way of managing stress, reducing pain and inflammation, improving sleep, and achieving mental clarity without high.
Perhaps some therapeutic baking and CBD’s pan of medicinal benefits will help you take the time you need for self-love. Here are 3 CBD-infused sweets that will leave you feeling relaxed, refreshed, and pampered.
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake CBD Bites
(Inspired by My Tiny Laguna Kitchen Recipe)
Yield: 14 Bites
Prep time: 20 minutes total
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of stevia OR 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Only 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax mixed with 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee
- 5 drops of vanilla cream stevia
Cream Cheese filling:
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup cream cheese (i used Kite Hill vegan plain)
- 1/4 teaspoon of stevia
- pinch of vanilla bean powder
- 2.5-5 full droppers of CBD oil – SHOP online or in-store with discounts!
How to make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. Mix in a bowl the almond flour, cacao powder, raw monk fruit, baking powder and salt. Combine well with flax egg and coconut oil and mix well.
- Press the dough on the parchment paper about 1-2 inches wide.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Let the cookie cool down to room temperature and then crumble.
How to make the cream cheese filling & finishing touches:
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix very well.
- Fold in HALF of the crumbled cookies.
- Use a scoop to make little balls.
- Empty the scoop right on top of the crumbled cookies and roll to make sure the cheese is covered.
- Place the bites in a freezer or fridge.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse Pudding
(Inspired by CBD Dishes)
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 large Hass avocados (peeled and seeded)
- 6-8 pitted dates (soaked in water a few minutes to soften)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch Cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar or pure maple syrup (or to taste).
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons cold water or as needed
- CBD Oil drops to does each serving (Gently shake the CBD oil container prior to adding to the recipe in order to make sure the oil is well mixed).
- In a food processor, add soaked dates, agave nectar, vanilla, cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons of cold water. Process till smooth.
- Add avocados and your CBD drops
- Mix in cold water to smoothen.
- Divide mousse into individual serving dishes. Add topping if desired. Refrigerate and serve chilled within 48 hours.
CBD Sugar-Coated Donut Holes
(Inspired by CBD Dishes)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
About 5 to 6 dozen donut holes
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- canola oil, for frying
- 15 ml Meds Biotech CBD Oil Drops (½ bottle)
- Mix the rest of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, but leave aside ¾ cup of sugar.
- In another bowl, mix milk, butter, vanilla, egg, and CBD oil. Combine with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add 4-inches of oil to a 6-qt. saucepan and heat to 350°F|175°C.
- Roll into small dough balls
- Carefully place dough balls into the oil. Fry until golden brown (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Place on rack for cooling then roll in more sugar.
CBD chocolate popsicles: (Inspired by CBD dishes)
Prep Time: 2 minutes plus freeze time.
Yield: 4 (4oz popsicles)
- 2 cups of your favorite chocolate soymilk (or the amount required to fill your popsicle mould)
- Diamond CBD Oil Natural or Double Dark Chocolate Flavor drops (enough to achieve the desired dose for each popsicle).
- Shake your CBD oil
- Mix the chocolate soymilk with your CBD Oil drops
- Pour the mix into popsicle moulds. Place into a freezer.
IMAGE VIA CBD DISHES